Tuesday 14 April 2015

What's in my changing bag

Hi everyone,
I thought I would do a what's in my changing bag, since I love reading these posts and watching these videos on YouTube.
Hallie is currently 8 weeks old so this is what I carry with me for her..

The changing bag:
First of all I'll start off with the actual bag. I have a pink mayoral changing bag, I absolutely love it! I had it on offer in a baby boutique £29.99 instead of £69.99! I think I had a great bargain!
The bag is a lovely shade of pink with a pretty bow at the front, it goes perfect with my pram (a pink icandy strawberry 2) .. It's a great size and always fits in everything I need, I even used it as my hospital bag for all the babies things. It gives an option to either carry it using the handles as you can see below, or it comes with a strap, which is ideal for keeping it on the pram, I love that feature of the bag!! 

Inside the bag:


I always have with me nappys, nappy bags and baby wipes. I use aldi nappies, they are by far the best nappies I've used and I much prefer them to pampers! The nappy bags I have are just some I picked up from asda. I use the pampers sensitive wipes, they're the most moist wipes I've used. The only wipes I don't really like personally are huggies, I find them very drying. I also buy the pampers sensitive since Hallie has quite sensitive skin, like me!


I always have a few bibs with me, they're always handy incase of sickiness after a feed. I usually carry around 3 with me and sometimes a few muslin squares aswell.


A summer hat has been coming with me in my bag everywhere lately. Recently the weather where we are living in Wales has been boiling! I think it's essential to carry a hat for children incase they burn and also it keeps the sun out of their eyes. Hallie does not like to wear hats at all, but I've been trying my best with getting her to wear this for protection from the sun. This hat is £5 and it's from next. There is also a matching dress which I bought her to go with it, together they're a lovely summery set!


This is a different kind of hat, this is just a soft cotton material and is handy for when we are out in the evening since it keeps her head that little bit more warmer. This hat is also from next. It came in a set of 3 and I'm pretty sure they were £9!


Spare clothes are an essential I think in every changing bag. Weather it's from a poo explosion or sickness they're very handy to have, haha! I pack 2 spare vests and a baby grow with me.


I pack 2 pairs of spare socks. Hallie has a lovely habit of kicking off one sock most times when she wears them. I always have 2 spare pairs handy with me incase this happens.


I always carry toys with me in the changing bag. She's getting bigger now and is more interested in toys. She loves any rattle toys and crinkle toys. This one is called a sensory toy and I had it from tk maxx, it was £2.99 the RRP was £7.99 so I think I had this for a great price!



I always carry spare dummy's she likes to have a dummy when she sleeps.


These wipes are absolute life savers! They can be used to wipe dummy's, bottle teets and teethers. They are so handy when out and about because the dummy or bottle will often fall and these will clean it properly. They kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses so these are brilliant to carry around. I even use them to wipe down toys if they fall on the floor! They're around £2.99 and I had them from tesco. Anyone with young children/babies, I strongly recommend these!


In my changing bag I always keep hand gel. I use it after using public changing rooms, after changing Hallie and after eating food etc. I always find myself reaching for sanitiser so I always keep it handy.


Freshener wipes. I use these to wipe down surfaces or wiping my hands  when out and about. I actually picked up a handful of these in the changing rooms in the harvester, I picked a good few up and so far they've come in handy!!


The only thing I haven't shown you is my feeds. I always take boiled water in a bottle (I use avent bottles) and keep the powder in the tommee tippee powder pots, I'll leave a link to them below. I had them for £2.99 in boots but can't find the link so here they are for £2.50 in tesco.
http://www.tesco.com/direct/tommee-tippee-closer-to-nature-milk-powder-dispensers-x6/130-2351.prd 
I recommend getting these, there are 6 pots and they hold the oz ready to tip into sterile water.
I normally will also always carry a ready feed with me incase I ever need a feed in a hurry, the cow and gate ones are normally 70p or £2.49 for a pack of 4. They are extremely useful to carry in a changing bag since you just tip them into the bottle and then the baby can drink them straight away.  

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed this post! Has anyone else done a post like this? Or anyone else have a mammy blog like mine? I would love to have a read of your posts, feel free to leave a blog link below! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment