Thursday 18 June 2015

Loosing the baby weight

Hi everyone,
Today I thought I would do a post on weight. Weight is quite a sensitive subject with me. In all honesty I've struggled with my weight since I was around 13/14 years of age. Just before I fell pregnant I started to do slimming world and successfully lost 5 stone. I think this is also contributing to how I managed to fall pregnant with Hallie (I have polycystic ovaries) during my pregnancy I tried my best to eat healthy and exercise as regularly as I could. I only gained 10lbs throughout my whole pregnancy, which is actually reasonably good. After having Hallie I went back to slimming world and on my first week back I lost 17lbs which meant I had in fact lost the baby weight and an extra 7lbs on top. Since then I have coninued to loose weight and I am now an extra 14lbs down. So I've lost a total of 31lbs since having the baby.
But I did and still do still have the jelly belly (to put it nicely, haha) and I would ideally like to loose another 3 stone. I know this is going to be a gradual process and I'm not in a major hurry to loose it, it's not just for the Weightloss I want to do this for the health benefits too.

My diet isn't the best. I'm very much an eat on the go kind of person and I don't do a lot of cooking. I thought I would show you an example of what I may eat in a week, kind of like a meal plan. Hopefully this will help anyone who is trying to loose any extra weight or just maybe trying to get healthier.

Meal plan:
Monday -  
Breakfast: Granola, low fat natural Greek yogurt and a banana.
Dinner - Wholemeal pitta bread, ham, salad and tomato.
Tea - Tuna, mayo pasta.
Snacks - Chocolate freddo.

Tuesday -
Breakfast: Wholemeal toast with sliced banana on top.
Dinner: Jacket potato with cheese and beans.
Tea - Slimming world chips, fried egg and ham.
Snacks - Bag of skips, grapes.

Wednesday -
Breakfast - Porridge with raspberries. 
Dinner: Chicken salad sandwich.
Tea: Chicken, mushroom stir fry.
Snacks- bar of galaxy.

Thursday - 
Breakfast - fruit salad with low fat natural Greek yogurt.
Dinner: Beans on toast.
Tea: Steak, potatoes, mushrooms and onions.
Snacks: cookies & cream flavoured kitkat.

Friday -
Breakfast - Low fat peanut butter spread with Wholemeal toast.
Dinner: Salmon salad.
Tea: Chicken & prawn curry with boiled rice. I buy the sainsbury's own brand curry sauce it's low fat and really tasty. 
Snacks: Can of full fat normal coke.

So that was just roughly the kind of things I would eat on a daily basis. I've not got a perfect diet, I'm still having my daily treats but this is just what works for me. 

Exercise
Alongside eating well I also try my best to exercise regularly. Since having the baby exercise can sometimes be difficult to squeeze in. We will often go for walks as Hallie loves being in her pram. Another exercise I can do whilst still having Hallie with me is swimming. I've taken Hallie swimming a few times. She loves being in the water and it's also keeping me healthy at the same time.



Recently I have started attending more exercise classes. I used to go to exercise classes before having Hallie and they helped me to keep fit and I really enjoyed them. Me and my friend Alex decided to go back to the classes. We have done 'kettle bells' which is a really good class! It's high intensity and it works your whole body. We have also tried 'begin to spin' this class has been given a medium intensity rating, but honestly it's so hard! To put it nicely the sweat was dripping off me! That was such a hard work out. My legs and back side were killing haha!

I hope you enjoyed reading my post, hopefully it's maybe given you some inspiration to get a more healthier lidetyle. Thankyou for reading! 
Has anyone else been doing anything lately to keep healthy? Or tried any new exercise classes? I would love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment